Monday, November 07, 2005
Up Coming Flu Vaccine Clinics for Harwich Area
Got your flu shot? Get it here!
* All children 6-23 months of age
* All persons 65 years of age and older
* Persons 2 – 64 years of age with medical conditions
* Residents of long-term care facilities
* Persons 6 months - 18 years of age who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy
* Women who will be pregnant during influenza season
* Household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of infants under 6 months of age
* Health care workers
Tier 2 (In settings where sufficient vaccine is available.)
* Caregivers and household contacts (including children) of persons in high-risk groups
* Healthy persons 50 – 64 years of age
Tier 3 (In settings where sufficient vaccine is available.)
* Healthy persons 2 – 49 years of age, including persons providing essential community services; students and other persons in institutional settings (e.g., dormitories); certain travelers; and anyone who wishes to reduce the likelihood of becoming ill with influenza
There are no restrictions on eligibility for live, attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV). This nasal spray vaccine can and should be given to healthy people 5-49 years of age.
For more information, please see the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) influenza website:
* Some clinics may charge a fee, even for Medicare beneficiaries.
* Some clinics may bill your health insurance plan, so please bring your health insurance card.
* Please wear short-sleeved clothing.
* All flu clinics are subject to change without notice.